Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
|"As long as you go on living, a part of me will continue to live on."|
|Real name:||Yuu Asou|
|Kanji:||麻生 優雨 (あそう ゆう)|
|Family:||Rei Kurosawa (fiancée)|
Dr. Kunihiko Asou (unknown relation)
Misao Asou (unknown relation)
Misaki Asou (unknown relation)
|Occupation:||Aspiring Folklorist / Editor|
|Cause of Death:||Killed in car accident|
|Games:||Fatal Frame III|
|First Appearance:||Fatal Frame III|
|Notes:||"The Sleeping Priestess"|
On the Urban Legend
|Voice Actor:||JD Cullum|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||Takaya Kuroda|
|Fatal Frame III Character|
Yuu met Rei while he was at college studying anthropology and folklore. Rei makes note in her notebook that Yuu had a very kind gentle disposition, "like gently falling rain". Yuu was very good friends with both Mafuyu Hinasaki and Kei Amakura. The three seemed to share research material and information whenever possible. Mafuyu and Yuu were exceptionally close and Mafuyu asked Yuu look after his younger sister Miku if anything should happen to him.
After Mafuyu's mysterious disappearance 2 years before, Yuu took Miku in to live with him. He introduced Miku to his fiancée, Rei Kurosawa, but didn't tell her anything about Miku's brother or her past. The three lived together in the house that Yuu and Rei had bought. Each had their own room, and Yuu's was at the end of the hallway. Yuu's room was also his study, where he keeps his books on folklore and religious studies as well as a collection of old radios. It is one of these radios that contains one of the Echo Stone Earrings that Dr. Kunihiko Aso, Yuu's ancestor, used to create the very first Spirit Stone Radio. After Yuu's death, Rei keeps his room as he left it and hardly goes into it.
Fatal Frame III
Two months after Yuu's death, Rei begins to dream of a huge mansion in the snow. She sees Yuu walking into the building and chases after him. Yuu appears several more times to Rei, leading her deeper and deeper into the mansion. As Rei attempts to solve the mystery behind the mansion, she looks through Yuu's notes and letters and discovers his correspondence with Kei Amakura. Kei and Yuu had been sharing information on urban legends, including one on a House of Sleep, where the living can supposedly meet the dead. Having not heard from Yuu in a while, Kei eventually calls his house, not knowing that he has passed away. Rei tells him of the accident and Kei visits the house to pay his respects, and in the hope that his research combined with that of his friend can help solve the mystery of the House Of Sleep.
At the end of the game, Yuu appears to Rei one last time, among the spirits of the dead 'crossing over'. She begs to go with him, telling him that she can't bear to be left alone any more. Yuu tells her he understands how she feels, but that she needs to continue living and that as long as she's alive, he'll live on through her. As a final gesture, Yuu absorbs the tattoo that has fully adorned Rei's body, and crosses over with the other spirits.
- In the Japanese ending of Fatal Frame III, Yuu simply absorbs Rei's tattoos. In the US version of the ending, the tattoos appear on his skin after he has absorbed them.
- Yuu tends to get confused with Kei a lot due to their clothing being very similar.
- Yuu is a direct descendant of Dr. Kunihiko Asou and is therefore related to Misao Amakura, however it is unknown if Yuu and Kei knew of their connection to the famous occultist, or to each other.
- Yuu is also in someway related to Misaki Asou, who is another direct descendant of Dr. Kunihiko Asou.
- Many fans believe that the silver ring that Rei wears is her engagement ring from Yuu.
- Not only did Yuu have several texts in his possession that were written by Dr. Asou, he also had an account from Seijiro Makabe that had been collected by Ryozo Munakata. This 'account' is supplementary material in the second Fatal Frame II Guidebook.
- Yuu's research on the Manor of Sleep is included in the Zero Shisei no Koe Complete Official Capture Book.
- Yuu's name means "Gentle Rain", reflecting his personality.
- For other members of the Asou family, see Asou Family.
- For other folklorists in the Fatal Frame Series, see Folklorist.
- For other lost loves in the Fatal Frame Series, see Lost Loves.
- For articles related to Yuu, see Related Articles:Yuu Asou.
- For images related to Yuu, see Images of Yuu Asou.