Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Woman in Box
Woman in Box, or The Woman in the Box in Fatal Frame: Deep Crimson Butterfly, is a ghost that can be found inside the kimono boxes in the Osaka and Kurosawa houses, as well as emerging from the well in the passage underneath Kurosawa's residence. She died trying to protect herself and her baby from the Repentance by hiding inside a box, though they were both taken by the Darkness while she was praying. She might have been related to the Osaka Family, as her main appearances occur in the Kimono Room of their house.
Woman in Box gets a brief nod in Fatal Frame III, although she does not appear. When Kei Amakura enters the kimono room in the Minakami section of the House of Sleep, the lid of the kimono box shakes.
- Woman in Box has been pointed out as being a direct reference to Sadako from Ringu. The character not only has a short FMV which is similar to Sadako's famous 'eye stare', but later on appears coming out of a well under the Kurosawa House. Additionally, the scene when she comes out of the box is similar to the scene in Ringu when Sadako crawls out of a TV set.
- One of the missions with this ghost involves battling multiple versions of Woman in Box coming out of a well.
- This ghost is presumably based on the Ubume (産女) ghost, which is the ghost of a mother with a child who has either died while giving birth or died without knowing their child has been properly provided for.
- Mio defeats Woman in Box to obtain the Osaka Crest during Chapter 8 of Fatal Frame II. Her baby can be heard crying during this fight, although it is never seen.
- For other hostile ghosts, see Hostile Ghosts.
- For related articles, see Related Articles:Woman in Box.
- For related images, see Images of Woman in Box.