Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
|Real name:||Tomoe Nanamura|
|Kanji:||奈々村 十萌 (ななむら ともえ)|
|Occupation:||Unknown / Spirited Away|
|Room #:||outpatient - no room |
|Cause of Death:||Blooming|
|Games:||Fatal Frame IV|
|First Appearance:||Fatal Frame IV|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||N/A|
|Fatal Frame IV Character|
One of the five kidnapped girls from Rougetsu Island. Along with the others, Tomoe was found and rescued by Choushiro Kirishima, but she died ten years later under strange circumstances. Her face was contorted as if she were screaming, and her hands were covering her eyes.
Tomoe Nanamura was an outpatient at Haibara Hospital suffering from Getsuyuu Syndrome. Unlike Ruka, she was not hospitalized at the sanitarium. She and her five friends were selected by Dr. Shigeto Haibara to perform as Kanade for a secret revival of the Kiraigou. Kidnapped by You Haibara, she and the others were dressed, donned masks created by Souya Yomotsuki and performed the ceremony. However, the Mask of the Lunar Eclipse the Utsuwa Sakuya was wearing broke, which caused all the girls, Tomoe included, to collapse and lose all of her memories of her life until that moment.
When Dr. Shoji Katagiri, Haibara's Assistant, discovered the girls location, he tipped off the police and Choushiro Kirishima located the girls in the subbasement underneath the hospital. He took them to Amakore Bay Police Station where they were eventually all released to their parents.
Ten years later in 1980, Tomoe was found in the hospital crouching inside a closet, dead. Her face was in a horrific twisted position and her hands were covering her face. (A similar state to the bodies of islanders found on Roguetsu Island eight years earlier.)
- Tomoe's younger version is shown in the game, but unlike Madoka, Ruka & Misaki she is not specifically pointed out.
- She is the second character in the Fatal Frame Series named Tomoe.
- Tomoe's death is similar to the death of the character Tomoko from the Japanese horror film Ringu. Both are found dead in closets with their faces in a horrific expression.
- For more information on the Getsuyuu Syndrome, see Getsuyuu Syndrome.
- For other shrine maidens, see Shrine Maiden.
- For other rituals in Fatal Frame IV, see Fatal Frame IV Rituals.
- For articles related to Tomoe, see Related Articles:Tomoe Nanamura.