Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Tomoe Hirasaka was the assistant and secretary to the popular novelist Junsei Takamine, though she was also an aspiring writer who was trying to become recognised as an author in her own right while working for him. Tomoe's story began when Takamine, who was experiencing writer's block, uncovered a lead to an abandoned mansion, Himuro Mansion, in the Himuro mountain area which could not be located on any map. Because the mansion had a history of Shinto rituals, Junsei hoped it would become the inspiration for a new book, and took Tomoe and the editor, Koji Ogata, to the mansion.
Tomoe had very strong misgivings about going, and feared that it was her sixth sense warning her, but she was also a great admirer of Mr. Takamine, and was unwilling to miss an opportunity to work with him. After all, she reminded herself, this was her job.
During their exploration of the mansion, Tomoe took Koji's picture and saw faint images of ropes tied to his hands, feet and neck. On September 10th, 4:00 pm, while exploring the entrance, Koji and Tomoe found the doors sealed by a strong force, and were unable to leave.
Exploring the mansion on her own, Tomoe saw hazy images of a woman in a white kimono reflected in the mirrors found throughout the mansion, and a younger girl. She learned later in the Burial Room that the woman in white was in fact called Kirie and was in pain, desperate for help. Unable to ignore the horrific visions her sixth sense showed her, Tomoe became more and more frightened and confused.
Koji became separated from the group, and Tomoe and Takamine discovered his body in the closet of the Library, with his head, hands and feet severed. Later that day, Tomoe began to suffer symptoms of the same affliction as Koji.
As Tomoe's condition worsened and she became more unhinged, Junsei left her to search for anything that might save them. Tomoe succumbed to the curse, and was strangled by Kirie in the Abyss. After her death, Takamine used her research to help him learn more.
- Similar to Junsei Takamine, players are unable to run away from Tomoe. Attempting to do so will prompt her to teleport in front of you and cause considerable damage.
- Tomoe is the only member of the novelist group whose tapes picked up ghostly whispers.
- White Kimono (aka 'Little Kirie') only showed herself to Tomoe.
- Tomoe was the second in the group to fall prey to the Rope Curse.
- Although Tomoe is afflicted by the Rope Shrine Maiden curse, she is not torn apart limb from limb like Koji was.
- In the 零 Novel, a romantic relationship between Takamine and Hirasaka is hinted.
- In Takamine's final note, he asks whomever comes across this, should he fail, to give Tomoe a decent burial. He also mentions Tomoe as his 'partner'.
- For other members of the Novelist group, see Novelist Group.
- For more information on the curse, see Rope Curse.
- For information on other spirited aways, see Spirited Aways.
- For more uses of Tomoe, see Tomoe (Disambiguation).
- For articles related to Tomoe Hirasaka, see Related Articles:Tomoe Hirasaka.
- For images related to Tomoe Hirasaka, see Images of Tomoe Hirasaka.
In Other Languages:
English - Français