Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Tokitada’s spirit refused to rest in peace, as he could not accept his love's death. He was fervent in finding a way to break the seal over the Hell Gate, as he believed doing so would release his love's spirit. Forty years later, he appeared in the dreams of Kirie Himuro, whom had also lost a lover. In these dreams he encouraged her to break the Holy Mirror and let the ritual fail. The ceremony did fail, but Tokitada never saw the woman's spirit again. After the Calamity he haunted the Abyss. He is actually a late improved version of Lord Himuro which is why he is only on the Xbox version which was released 1 year later than the original PS2 version.
- Tokitada's spirit can only be encountered in Fatal Mode found on the Xbox version.
- Tokitada is listed as 鎧武者の霊 (よろい むしゃ の れい, Armoured Warrior's Spirit) / Armoured Warrior.
- Tokitada has many similarities with Lord Himuro, including similar attack patterns and identical vocals and background music. However, Tokitada is much more aggressive and faster than Lord Himuro.
- Tokitada's story is relayed in the notes of Kirie’s priests.
- Tokitada cannot be pushed back by a critical shot.
- For other rituals in Fatal Frame, see Fatal Frame Rituals.
- For other hostile ghosts, see Hostile Ghosts.
- For other suicides in the Fatal Frame Series, see Suicide.
- For articles related to Tokitada Kyuki, see Related Articles:Tokitada Kyuki.