Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
What this article needs:
- add image of Kaname being murdered by Yashuu => I have this at Reika's article ^^;;
- add image of Kaname from Ototsuki film reel if possible
--Emi 10:51, 25 February 2008 (MST)
I edited the page for grammatical errors and an inconsistency I noted. In 'Ototsuki', Kaname mentions Reika taking on the tattoos. So he knew that she was going to become a priestess before he left, which personally leads me to believe that the disaster that killed most of the village is probably what drove him to leave, that or Reika's subsequent decision to become the tattooed priestess. Anyway, I just dropped the mention of him only discovering this when he came back for her. I also added a reference to the recording of his conversation with Dr. Aso.
--Aceles 2:40, 10 May 2008 (CST)
Kaname on the film
Kaname's timeline is a little odd and up for dispute. (not to mention there's weird stuff going on.)
As far as I've always been aware, Kaname left the village before the disaster happened. When he came back, he originally thought that Reika was dead, until she heard she had gone to the shrine. I'm not sure where it's been said otherwise? (But to be fair, the events leading up to the Rift exploding are all over the place and a huge mess)
1. It has been suggested that Kaname visited the shrine more than once. He visited it once as a mourner, in hopes of seeing Reika, because he had heard about the destruction of the village. The second time he visits the shrine is when he's killed and the film was taped inbetween those times.
2. Kaname and Reika shared a dream. (It has been argued by fans that the dream Reika explains, plus the FMV of her reaching out for Kaname IS of that dream, and that Kaname has the dream of Reika then leaves). In the dream, Kaname sees Reika and immediately understands who and what she has become, hence why he can know about her being the priestess.
3. Kaname gave Reika one of his echo stone earrings. (Which with those earrings brings into a HUGE other debate). So he understood what was going on with her and the imprint of that is how he 'knew'.
However, I agree with what you did, for the time being it's fine to leave it like that until more of the above can be coheceively(SP?) cleared up.
Emi 07:04, 12 May 2008 (MST)
Towards a final version of events
I've been going round in huge circles about Amane and Kaname and what happened, but I think I've got most of it pretty watertight, so here's what I have:
1. Reika becomes a Priestess and as soon as she takes tattoos, she starts dreaming of the Rift and also dreaming of Kaname, which calls him. He starts dreaming of the Shrine and all the rituals, and talks to Dr. Asou about it, but leaves abruptly.
2. Kaname arrives with the Worshippers, so obviously the Piercing of the Soul is ongoing and Reika is not impaled yet. He meets Amane at some point (still struggling to figure this part out), and she decides to help him meet Reika.
3. I think this is when he goes into the Library; I think Amane gave him the Commandment Tome to unlock the door to the Hanging Prison and meet Reika.
4. While there he is discovered by Yashuu, but probably escapes. At this point she doesn't plan on killing him (evidence: she talks about "capturing the traveller", and Shigure writes that "The head of the family ordered that Amane be impaled and that her brother be cast out of the manor"). There's evidence for and against the idea that Yashuu knows that he's Kyouka's son, but she evidently figures out that Amane helped him.
5. Kaname enters the Engraving Shrine by crossing the roof, on Amane's advice, possibly even while Reika is in there being tattooed, though obviously she doesn't see him. He's captured by the Engravers and cast out of the Manor. Amane comes looking for him, but Yashuu is waiting for her, and Amane is locked up in the Confinement Room. Yashuu has already determined that Amane must be punished with impalement, but she needs four Handmaidens to perform Reika's Impalement Ritual.
6. Reika is impaled. For some reason Amane's punishment is delayed, possibly because there are still some rituals that need doing.
7. Kaname returns to the shrine, and with or without Amane's help, manages to get into the Last Passage, and from there we know what happens. Unleashing, Amane impaled, yadda yadda. I don't think Amane really did lead him into the Chamber of Thorns, because she seems upset in her diary, and in Miku's last chapter we hear her saying, "Brother, don't go that way..." But Yashuu blames her because she helped him before. Anyway, that's more for Amane's page than Kaname's, it's just difficult to separate the two.
So that's what I have. It's a bit shaky in places, but I think it's the only explanation that covers most (not all) of what we know. Any glaring problems I've missed? If not I'll start incorporating it into the articles.--Elwing 21:16, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Some reservations regarding above
The identity of the girl in the Confinement Room is disputed...she leaves behind the Crimson Diary, which was written by Kizuna Himuro: the Rope Priestess. Also, when one strays too long in the Confinement Room, the Rope Priestess would eventually appear. Perhaps that girl was a memory of Kizuna Himuro during the times she was locked up before the ceremony? She looks similar to Amane, but we only get to see a small part of her, thanks to the bars. — Boris (talk) 03:55, 17 April 2009 (UTC)