Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
The Stained Corridor is part of the Kuze Shrine, and was constructed after the Unleashing, as part of efforts to halt the spread of the Rift. It connects with the Stairs Hallway, Grave Courtyard and Underground Passage.
The corridor is hung with sacred rope and paper, and has strange human-shaped stains on the walls. There is a hole in the eastern wall with a hand protruding from it. Shrine Carpenters who constructed the Manor were sacrificed and entombed in the walls to give strength to the seals containing the Rift. The Stained Corridor marks the boundary of the Shrine of Sleep.
Sacrificial Pillar Room
In the centre of the Stained Corridor is a small, square room with a tatami floor. It was in this room that the Master Builder, Tengai Narumi, committed suicide to become the final Sacrificial Pillar and serve as a cornerstone.
- Sacrificed Shrine Carpenters were buried in the walls.
- Tengai Narumi committed suicide in the Sacrificial Pillar Room.
Items of Note
- Sleeping Stone (1) - after defeating the two Shrine Carpenters.
- Map with a Mark - in the Sacrificial Pillar Room.
- Equipment "Switch" - in the Sacrificial Pillar Room.
- Rei hears groaning behind the locked door leading to the Stained Corridor.
- When this area is accessed for the first time, one of the shadows on the wall appears to move.
- To access the Stained Corridor, you will need the Four-Point Well Key.
- According to a newspaper article found by Miku, a similar corridor existed in the Kukaiji Temple.
- Directly above the Sacrificial Pillar Room is the Enclosed Room, where Hisame Kuze conducted the Final Impalement.
- ↑ Rei's Notebook: Men in White #2, Fatal Frame III:The Tormented
- ↑ Rei's Notebook: Voices behind the wall, Fatal Frame III:The Tormented