Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Spirit Tree Garden
The Spirit Tree Garden is an outdoor courtyard in the Manor of Sleep. A raised wooden walkway surrounds a small square garden with an enormous Spirit Tree in the centre and dozens of skewered dolls all around. It is connected to the Closet Hallway, the Blind Room, the Barred Hallway, Doll Altar North, Doll Altar East and the Shrine Courtyard. It is one of the areas that Rei explores in her daydream.
After the Unleashing, this courtyard was central to the Shrine Carpenters' efforts to contain the Rift. The straw dolls on stakes represent the carpenters who were sacrificed and became Sacrificial Pillars, and the placement of the dolls before the door to the Shrine Courtyard acted to protect the Manor's inhabitants from the Rift and the wandering priestess.
The tree was also important to the wards against the Rift, although its exact significance is unclear. It is wrapped in sacred rope and there is a human-shaped wooden memorial tablet tied to it.
The eastern and western corridors leading to the Doll Altars are hung with sacred rope, and sprigs of holly are nailed to the wall at intervals.
Items of Note
- One of the shards of Reika Kuze's Mirror of Loss was buried at the foot of the tree.
- Tengai Narumi
- Men in White
- Minamo Kuze
- Hisame Kuze
- Shigure Kuze
- Reika Kuze - appears standing beside the Spirit Tree.
- Kiriko Asanuma - appears crawling under the walkway.
- Yuu Asou - disappearing into the Shrine Courtyard.
- During Hour VI, a strange whispering can be heard in the courtyard.
File Photos of the Spirit Tree Garden
- This area appears in Rei's daydreams in both Zero Hour and Hour IX.
- During Hour VI, four Kushimi dolls dressed in white instead of red appear at the four corners of the courtyard. These represent the four Moriya carpenters.
- ↑ Kurosawa, R., (1988). "Rei's Notebook: The Skewered Dolls #2", Fatal Frame III: The Tormented - Hour V.