Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Shigeto was the director of Haibara Hospital on Rougetsu Island and, after his wife's suicide and daughter's illness, began experiments and research into a cure for Getsuyuu syndrome. These experiments included brain surgeries and music therapy tests. He dedicated his research, and efforts to save their daughter, to his late wife. After the disaster he appears during Choushiro's early chapters throughout the Hospital. His only attacking encounter is in Choushiro's final chapter, in the basement of the hospital, alongside Masanobu Fuchiki and Michihiko Ikushima.
- He appears in two forms in the game; his vanishing ghosts represent him in his normal work attire, and in his one attacking appearance he is dressed in ritual attire, including a mask.
- Shigeto has one unique attack which involves him swinging his fan in an upward motion, shooting three pairs of two small white circular discs from the tips of his fan.
- There seems to be spelling confusion on Shigeto's name. The game lists his name as "Shigeto", while the official site and game guide spell his name as "Shigehito".
- For other members of the Haibara Family, see Haibara Family.
- For other Ceremony Masters in the Fatal Frame Series, see Ceremony Master.
- For other uses of masks in the Fatal Frame Series, see Mask(disambig).
- For articles related to Shigeto, see Related Articles:Shigeto Haibara.
- For images related to Shigeto, see Images of Shigeto Haibara.