Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
It was used to enshrine the bodies of Remaining that died in the village. Pinwheels and Jizo statues were placed here to comfort the spirits of the Remaining. It also contains the mechanism which, when all four Pinwheel Crests are placed in it, unlocks the path out of the village through the Kureha Shrine.
Items of Note
- Folklorist's Note 12 - on the ground between the two exits
- Octagon Key - after examining the pinwheel shrine
- Twin Shrine Maidens once attempted to escape via the passage, and were caught and killed. The passage was subsequently sealed by the Ceremony Master. The four pinwheel crests that unlock the path are found around the village.
- Mayu collapses from exhaustion here. (Take a photograph of her when she does!)
- Returning to the Old Tree during Chapter 9 in Deep Crimson Butterfly triggers the vanishing ghosts of Itsuki and his sister, Chitose, visiting their brother's grave.
- The Old Tree is called the Decayed Tree in Fatal Frame: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
In Other Languages:
English - Deutsch