Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
The second chapter of Fatal Frame.
Nine days after Mafuyu Hinasaki leaving for Himuro Mansion, in search of his mentor, his sister Miku decides to follow him there to search for him. While searching, Miku comes across her mother's discarded camera, which had apparently been taken to the mansion, and dropped, by Mafuyu.
When she enters the Fireplace Room, she reaches a locked door and notices a man going through the folding screen leaning on the wall. There, she meets a girl in a white kimono who, before disappearing, points at the camera and then the screen. When she takes a picture of the folding screen, she discovers a door behind the screen, discovering the power of the camera.
As Miku proceeds to the next room, she discovers the fate of the man she saw, Koji Ogata: he had been afflicted with a curse, and before his death he hid in the closet of the room, trying to escape the woman in the white kimono. Sadly, the woman found him and killed him right there in the closet.
When exploring the next room, Miku encounters the spirit of the dead man and defeats him using the camera's exorcismal powers. Noticing the odd presence of the mirror stand, Miku takes a picture and sees an ornamental lion mask in it: the same one in the Fireplace Room. As she leaves, the dead editor attacks her yet again, and Miku drives him away once more. Upon reaching the room, Miku discovers a handmirror and places it in the hole of the mirror stand. Shortly after, she opens the drawer and discovers a key to the door in the Fireplace Room and a photo of the man: rope marks can be seen around his neck, arms and legs. Shortly after obtaining the objects, the dead editor appears to attack Miku once again, only to have Miku drive him away for good, capturing his spirit inside the camera.
After entering the locked room and walking into the hallway of the 2nd floor, Miku discovers a woman in red staring into a mirror before disappearing. As she descends down the stairs, Miku soon encounters a man with long arms, demanding his daughter back. After driving him off, Miku goes into a room filled with candles and notices the same woman as before going to a door to the Cherry Atrium. Noticing it is sealed shut, Miku takes the picture of the door and goes to the room where she photographs the spirit needed to break the seal on the door, which is now open. As she heads outside, she notices the woman leading her the Abyss and heads toward there. Once reaching the Abyss, Miku discovers the fate of the woman, Tomoe Hirasaka: she had also been afflicted with the same curse that killed Koji, and succumbed to it as the woman in the white kimono strangled her to death on the waterwheel in the Abyss.
After leaving the Abyss, Miku goes into a room filled with dolls and takes a picture there, unsealing the room to the Stairway. Before she is able to leave, however, a girl in a red yukata crawling on the floor attacks her; Miku is able to defeat her spirit. As she enters the Stairway, she notices another man in front of a mirror before he then disappears; there is a lighter] on the ground where his spirit used to be. With the lighter, Miku uses it to light a lantern in the Abyss to obtain a black stone. After reaching the Fish Tank Room, Miku encounters the spirit of Tomoe, which attacks her. After defeating Tomoe and reaching the Backyard, Miku encounters and fights off Tomoe for the final time as she heads to over to Narukami Shrine. After using the black stone to unlock the door, Miku enters the shrine and notices a large puddle of blood on the floor; upon looking to the ceiling, she sees spirit of the dead Novelist, who had been killed by the woman after obtaining four statues and left hanging from the ceiling, apparently "crucified". After battling Takamine off, Miku finds the last statue in the base of the last Torii Gate and places it with the other four, opening the altar and obtaining a piece of a mirror.
After obtaining the piece, however, Miku soon encounters the woman in white coming out of the large mirror in the shrine. Miku is unable to push back the woman with the camera, and is touched by her. This causes Miku to have a vision of herself tied up with ropes and being pulled limb from limb; Miku has now become afflicted by the same curse as Takamine's party.
- Rope Hallway
- Fish-Tank Room
- Fireplace Room
- Kimono Room
- Grand Hall
- Cherry Atrium
- Doll Room
- Narukami Shrine
- Herbal Medicine - Entrance next the door on the left side
- Herbal Medicine - Entrance on the right side of the partition
- Camera - Rope Hallway in front of mirror
- Red Handmirror - Found in the Fireplace Room after taking a picture of the mirror stand in the Kimono Room
- Red Handmirror - Opens the mirror stand in the Kimono Room
- ManAtPartition (Koji) - appears at the entrance behind the partition near the Save Point (replay only).
- Man on Beam (Koji) - appears on one of the beams after picking up camera in the Rope Hallway.
- Bro's Shadow (Mafuyu) - walking up stairs in the Fireplace Room.
- Hallway Man (Koji) - walking from out of room with bookshelves in the Fireplace Room.
- Man at Screen (Koji) - walking through folding screen to hidden door in the Fireplace Room .
- Wandering Man (Koji) - walking to closet in the Library.
- Dead Man's Body (Koji) - appears in closet of the Library after cutscene.
- Man at Window (Koji) - walking to window in Kimono Room before battle.
- Man in Closet (Koji) - appears in the closet at the end of the Lamp Hallway.
- Standing Man (Koji) - appears in front of Miku when opening the door to the Library(FF).
- Man Behind (Koji) - appears behind Miku after getting Brass Key and Editor's Photo before battle.
- Woman at Mirror (Tomoe) - appears in front of mirror in the 2nd Floor Hallway.
- Wandering Woman (Tomoe) - walking to door in the Burial Room.
- Girl Pointing (White Kimono) - in the Storehouse, pointing the way to the row of chests shown in Storehouse?.
- Woman on Porch (Tomoe) - walking on the porch in the Cherry Atrium.
- Woman in Atrium (Tomoe) - walking to the door leading to the Abyss.
- Woman Turning (Tomoe) - appears in front of the Shrine Maiden doll in the Doll Room.
- Woman Who Jumps (Broken Neck) - appears jumping off of the Moon Observatory in the Cherry Atrium before attacking.
- Man Turning (Takamine) - appears in front of mirror in the Stairway.
- Woman at Corner (Tomoe) - appears at corner in the Stairway leading to the Fish Tank Room.
- Woman Hanging (Yae) - appears hanging from tree in the Cherry Atrium.
- Blinded Woman (Blinded) - appears in front of the double doors in the Rubble Room.
- Female Head (Female Head) - appears going up/down the stairs in the Stairway.
- Man in Backyard (Takamine) - appears going through walkway between the bamboo in the Backyard.
- Girl Pleading (White Kimono) - appears at window of the Dungeon overlooking the Backyard.
- Standing Man (Takamine) - appears standing at the last Torii gate in front of Narukami Shrine.
- Crucified Man (Takamine) - hanging from ceiling of Narukami Shrine after obtaining Blue Tape 2.
- Woman in Kimono - hidden ghost in Kimono Room between the kimono stands, near the mirror stand.
- Woman in Pain - hidden ghost in the Cherry Atrium near the stairs leading to the Moon Shrine.
- Monk in Dark - hidden ghost in the Fish Tank Room, on ceiling.
- Girl Turning - hidden ghost in the Backyard, near well.
- Warped Man - hidden ghost in the Forest Path between the trees (replay only).
- Koji Ogata
- Tomoe Hirasaka
- Junsei Takamine
- Broken Neck
- Female Head
- Bound Man
- Floating Woman
- Long Arms
- Kirie Attacks!
- At the end of this chapter, Kirie will appear and attack. You cannot fight her with the camera; all you can do at this point is allow yourself to be caught.
- You are able to trigger Hand From Floor on this night.
- For instructions how so, see the main page of this spirit.
Links to walkthroughs that are helpful for this chapter in mind. These may link to offsite youtube videos.
- Original screenshots of Miku 'discovering' the camera in this chapter had her finding it in the Kimono Room. This was changed to the Rope Hallway.