Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
|"It will be our turn next..."|
|Real name:||Misaki Asou|
|Kanji:||麻生 海咲 (あそう みさき)|
|Family:||Member of the Asou Family|
|Cause of Death:||N/A|
|Games:||Fatal Frame IV|
|First Appearance:||Fatal Frame IV|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||Miyuki Sawashiro|
|Fatal Frame IV Character|
As a child, Misaki was diagnosed with Getsuyuu Syndrome and, at the request of the Asou Family, was brought to Rougetsu Hall for treatment. It was there that she met and befriended Ruka Minazuki and Madoka Tsukimori. She also developed a close friendship with Sakuya Haibara, a patient whose illness was considerably more advanced than Misaki's, although the hospital staff tried to keep them apart. Sakuya told Misaki that they were both spirit mediums, and would become more and more alike as they spent time together, and the doctors did observe that the condition of one would be reflected in the other. Sakuya gave Misaki a doll to reflect her inner self, and the doll's name, Miya, was a combination of the first syllable of Misaki's name and the last of Sakuya's.
Sakuya's condition deteriorated sharply. Misaki, who had crept upstairs to visit her friend, saw Sakuya's violent outburst and the doctors trying to restrain her. Misaki was strictly forbidden from visiting again, even by Sakuya herself. Afterwards, bereft of the company of her friend, she turned to Miya for comfort. The doll had a calming effect on Misaki, helping her remember who she was.
On the day of the Rougetsu Kagura, Misaki and her friends were kidnapped by You to perform in a secret ritual as Sakuya's Kanade. After the ritual failed, she and the other girls were left without their memories. As she was led out of the theatre by You, Misaki dropped the doll, which she had still been holding onto, on the stage, and was not allowed to return for it. The girls were left in a cave beneath hospital, where they were discovered by Choushiro Kirishima. None of the girls could remember anything of their ordeal.
Fatal Frame 4
Ten years later, two of the kidnapped girls have died mysteriously, and Misaki is haunted by the vision of a girl in black. Hoping to discover the truth of her past, Madoka accompanies Misaki to the island because she fears that Misaki was tricked. When they arrive at Rougetsu Hall, the girl in black appears again, leading Misaki up to the second floor. Misaki blacks out, and when she wakes, she finds herself alone in the Entrance Hall.
Misaki continues to investigate alone whilst searching for Madoka, recovering her childhood memories and progressing deeper into the abandoned sanatorium. She learns of Madoka's death when she encounters her as a ghost in the dining room, after watching a film reel showing the ritual she had participated in a decade before. The girl in black continues to guide her around the hospital, leading her to places that reawaken Misaki's lost memories of Sakuya.
Eventually, Misaki comes to the Underground Lunar Hall, where the Kiraigou was performed. There she meets Sakuya, who takes the form of the girl in black, whom Misaki now recognises as Miya, the doll that represented both Misaki and Sakuya. Misaki finds the doll still lying on the floor of the theatre and starts crying, as Sakuya regains her normal form. Sakuya embraces Misaki as if to comfort her, smiling mysteriously, and then vanishes as Misaki falls to the ground, unconscious. The door to the cavern slams closed.
As it currently stands, Misaki's true fate is left undetermined. Since Fatal Frame IV is the only game she has been mentioned in, it is unknown whether or not she survives.
Misaki does not appear in this ending, so it is unknown what happened to her after she collapsed (though she is presumed to have been spirited away) She is not seen again after her final chapter. When Ruka comes to the Kiraigou stage, Miya is still lying on the ground, but Misaki is nowhere to be seen.
- Misaki is a descendant of Dr. Kunihiko Asou. It is not known how closely she is related to his other descendants, Yuu Asou and Mio and Mayu Amakura.
- Misaki's name contains the kanji 咲 (Saki), which means 'bloom'. Sakuya's name also contains this kanji.
- Misaki's camera is different from Ruka's camera.
- Misaki's camera charges twice, similar to Miku Hinasaki's "Double" ability in Fatal Frame III.
- Misaki's room is #310 - 神去月 (Kamisarizuki; "Leaving God Moon").
- One of Misaki's unlockable costumes is a Luigi outfit from the Nintendo Mario series.
- Misaki makes an appearance in Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir in Ghost Mode.
- For other members of the Asou family, see Asou Family.
- For other player characters in the Fatal Frame Series, see Player Characters.
- For more information on Misaki's affliction, see Getsuyuu Syndrome.
- For other shrine maidens, see Shrine Maiden.
- For other rituals in Fatal Frame IV, see Fatal Frame IV Rituals.
- For articles related to Misaki, see Related Articles:Misaki Asou.
- For images related to Misaki, see Images of Misaki Asou.