Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Minakami Dam ("Mizukami Dam" in Deep Crimson Butterfly.) is a dam in the process of being built when Mio and Mayu Amakura disappear in Fatal Frame II. The two used to play in the area as children, and seem to be visiting one last time before it is flooded. The dam is significant to the story of Masumi Makimura, who was surveying the land prior to construction of the dam when he stumbled upon the Lost Village. At the end of Fatal Frame II, Mio is shown overlooking the reservoir created by the dam. It also makes a return mention (and appearance) in Fatal Frame III.
- All God's Dam
- Mizukami Dam
- The completed Dam floods the Minakami forest region covering the area in water.
- In the Crimson Butterfly Ending of Fatal Frame II (considered canon), Mio looks over the Dam by herself, as her butterfly mark appears on her neck.
- In an alternate ending of Fatal Frame II, Mayu is sitting with a blind Mio overlooking the dam.
- In the second ending of Fatal Frame III, Kei joins Mio in overlooking the Minakami Dam.
- In the European version of Deep Crimson Butterfly, the dam is translated as the "Mizukami Dam", which reflects the different character used in the Japanese name of the dam. Whereas the name of the village is written with the character for "all", the dam is named with the character for "water".