Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
|Real name:||Mikoto Munakata|
|Kanji:||宗方 美琴 (むなかた みこと)|
|Family:||Yae Munakata (mother),|
Ryozo Munakata (father),
Miyuki Hinasaki (daughter)
& Mr. Hinasaki (guardian)
|Occupation:||Daughter / Demon Tag Player|
|Status:||Alive during her storyline in Fatal Frame|
|Cause of Death:||Unknown|
|Marital Status:||Married to unknown man|
|First Appearance:||Fatal Frame|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||N/A|
|Fatal Frame Character|
Nothing is known about Mikoto's early childhood. When she was six years old, she and her parents moved into Himuro Mansion. Mikoto made many friends in the nearby area, who would visit to play games all over the mansion. One day Mikoto brought her father a strange camera that was given to her by a strange girl in a white kimono. Her father didn't believe her, and figured she must have found it somewhere in the mansion.
Her mother Yae took the camera, and began taking pictures of Mikoto and the other children playing, but what she captured on film frightened her. Along with Mikoto and her friends, the images the camera took showed frightening images that weren't there, including one picture of Mikoto with a young girl in a white kimono.
Mikoto reappeared in the woods, led away from the mansion by the mysterious little girl in the white kimono. This also saved her from the fate of her friends, who were ultimately snatched up and killed by the Long Armed ghost in the mansion. She is left with no memory of what happened to her or her friends, and arrives to learn her father and mother are dead. Mr. Hinasaki, a friend of Ryozo Munakata, offers to take care of Mikoto. She took the camera from Himuro Mansion with her.
Many years later, Mikoto marries (her husband's name is unknown), and she has a daughter whom she names Miyuki.
- Mikoto was taken in by Mr. Hinasaki, but apparently never took the last name Hinasaki, since her daughter Miyuki eventually marries Masato Hinasaki.
- The hair comb that Mikoto wears is eventually passed down to her granddaughter Miku.
- One of Mikoto's friends, the ghost boy in the clock, had a crush on Mikoto, but never had a chance to tell her his feelings.
*Note: There are conflicting notes in the game. While most of the notes say that Mikoto and three other children disappeared, one note says Mikoto and four other children disappeared, making the total five. The official count is four, but this mix up might have been an error or mistaking one of Long Arms' other victims as Mikoto's friends. It has also been suggested that the 'fourth' child that Yae was referring to was White Kimono.
- For other members of the Munakata Family, see Munakata Family.
- For other members of the Hinasaki Family, see Hinasaki Family.
- For other members of the Kurosawa Family, see Kurosawa Family.
- For information on other spirited aways, see Spirited Aways.
- For other Demon Tag players, see Demon Tag Children.
- For articles related to Mikoto, see Related Articles:Mikoto Munakata.
- For images related to Mikoto, see Images of Mikoto Munakata.