Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
|Real name:||Marie Shinomiya|
|Kanji:||篠宮 鞠絵 (しのみや まりえ)|
|Occupation:||Unknown / Spirited Away|
|Room #:||Outpatient - no room|
|Cause of Death:||Blooming|
|Games:||Fatal Frame IV|
|First Appearance:||Fatal Frame IV|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||N/A|
|Fatal Frame IV Character|
Marie Shinomiya was an outpatient at Haibara Hospital suffering from Getsuyuu Syndrome. Unlike Ruka, Madoka and Misaki she was not hospitalized at the sanatorium. She and her five friends were selected by Dr. Shigeto Haibara to perform as Kanade for a secret revival of the Kiraigou. Kidnapped by You Haibara, she and the others were dressed in ritual attire, donned masks created by Souya Yomotsuki and performed in the ceremony. However, the Mask of the Lunar Eclipse the Utsuwa, Sakuya, was wearing broke, which caused all the girls, Marie included, to collapse and lose all of her memories of her life until that moment.
When Shoji Katagiri, Haibara's assistant, heard voices coming from the underground that he believed to be the missing girls, he tipped off the police and Choushiro Kirishima located the girls in the sub-basement underneath the hospital. He took them to Amakore Bay Police Station where they were eventually all released to their parents.
10 years, later in 1980, Marie was laid out on the floor of her home, dead. Her face was horrifically contorted and her hands were covering her face (a similar state to the bodies of islanders found on Rougetsu Island eight years earlier).
- Marie's younger version is shown in the game, but unlike Madoka, Ruka and Misaki she is not specifically pointed out.
- The position of her hands over her eyes is similar to the ghost from Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir.
- For more information on the Getsuyuu Syndrome, see Getsuyuu Syndrome.
- For other shrine maidens, see Shrine Maiden.
- For other rituals in Fatal Frame IV, see Fatal Frame IV Rituals.
- For articles related to Marie Shinomiya, see Related Articles:Marie Shinomiya.