Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
|''"...I can't remember...I don't want to remember! I have to find Misaki!'""|
|Real name:||Madoka Tsukimori|
|Kanji:||月森 円香 (つきもり まどか)|
|Family:||Mother (unnamed) & pet canary|
|Occupation:||Victim of Getsuyuu Syndrome|
|Cause of Death:||Blooming|
|Games:||Fatal Frame IV|
|First Appearance:||Fatal Frame IV|
|Notes:||Madoka's Memos, Madoka's Diary & Madoka's Notebook|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||Saori Goto|
|Fatal Frame IV Character|
Not much is known about Madoka's past, only that she was staying at the sanatorium where she met the other girls. She was said to be a timid girl by nature, and spent most of her time with Misaki. She seems to have enjoyed drawing, as there are many crayon drawings on the walls of her room. While she was staying at the sanatorium, she was involved in various incidents with another girl on her floor- on one occasion she was pushed down the stairs in the entrance hall and, on another occasion, the girl cut the neck of her pet canary with scissors.
She was kidnapped by You Haibara, and taken with the other girls to perform the ritual as one of the Kanade. When the ritual failed, Madoka and all of the other girls lost all of their memories. The group were then rescued by detective Choushiro Kirishima.
Fatal Frame 4
After the deaths of her friends Marie Shinomiya and Tomoe Nanamura, Madoka becomes worried after noticing changes in Misaki. Of the three surviving girls, Madoka leaves with Misaki, to return to the island and recover her lost memories of her childhood.
After arriving on the island, Madoka becomes frightened and begins to have second thoughts. She then becomes lost by herself, after Misaki seemingly wanders off. Madoka finds the Camera Obscura in the Kunihiko Asou Museum whilst searching for her. The first ghost battle takes place here and, immediately afterwards, she is surrounded by a group of ghosts, while a strange type of distorted music plays.
During the next chapter, Ruka Minazuki finds strange notes left behind by Madoka throughout Rougetsu Hall. Madoka is eventually found in the Library by Ruka with a strange, distorted mass covering her face (just as the one seen on the faces of other ghosts), and is battled against as a ghost.
Later on, playing as Misaki, Madoka's memories from when she was a child appear in the room where she was staying in the sanatorium, revealing the truth about her past. Her voice can be heard through the radio of the sanatorium, and she is fought for a second time by Misaki in the dining/projector room.
In the normal ending, Madoka's fate is not directly addressed; however, being dead, it can be assumed she crossed over with the other spirits.
Second EndingHard mode ending of the game Madoka is shown appearing before Misaki, who had previously collapsed in the ritual area, who awakens and reunites with her. Madoka leads her out of the tunnels and outside to the beach where Misaki watches on as her friend smiles and then disappears, joining the other spirits in crossing over.
- Madoka was the second character to be shown in production stills holding the Camera Obscura.
- Madoka means tranquil or passive, matching her personality.
- Madoka's room is #203 - 祓月 (Haraezuki; "purifying moon")
- Madoka's name may have been inspired by Masako Tsukimori, a manga artist from Osaka who contributed Crimson Dream to the Zero 3 Comic Anthology.
- With each of Madoka's memos, the writing steadily becomes more and more childlike as they go on. This is illustrated by Madoka using fewer and fewer kanji and more hiragana when writing her notes.
- Madoka seemed to be jealous of Misaki and Sakuya's relationship, to the point where she felt like a "replacement" when Sakuya was gone.
- Unlike Ruka and Misaki, Madoka does not want to remember what happened ten years ago.
- Madoka is an unlockable ghost in Spirit Camera.
- For some odd reason if the player allows the one ghost you fight as Madoka to attack you without attacking back one will notice that Madoka can't die in that fight. She'll just stop losing health at the very last bit and will continue to be attacked by the ghost. Whether or not this means anything is unknown.
- For other members of the Tsukimori Family, see Tsukimori Family.
- For other player characters in the Fatal Frame Series, see Player Characters.
- For more information on the Getsuyuu Syndrome, see Getsuyuu Syndrome.
- For other shrine maidens, see Shrine Maiden.
- For other rituals in Fatal Frame IV, see Fatal Frame IV Rituals.
- For information on other spirited aways, see Spirited Aways.
- For articles related to Madoka, see Related Articles:Madoka Tsukimori.
- For images related to Madoka, see Images of Madoka Tsukimori.