Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Lord Himuro was the last family master before the Calamity occurred. He was a wealthy land owner that controlled vast areas of land in the region around Himuro Mansion. Like the family masters before him, he led the performance of the rituals that took place in Himuro Mansion. These rituals included the Blinding Ritual, Demon Tag Ritual and the Strangling Ritual. During the Blinding Ritual, Lord Himuro applied the Blinding Mask to Blinded.
Lord Himuro wore the traditional Mask of Reflection at all times during the performance of these rituals. The Mask of Reflection changed into the face of an angel or a demon's facial expression depending on the nature of the one who is wearing the mask. In Lord Himuro's case, it changed into that of a demon.
When Kirie began to fall in love with a visitor to Himuro Mansion, Lord Himuro feared Kirie would lose her potential as a Rope Shrine Maiden. As a result, he ordered the priests to have the visitor killed and his body hidden so Kirie would never be able to find it. Unfortunately, Kirie eventually figured out what happened and became depressed, which led to her eventual failure as a Rope Shrine Maiden.
During the Strangling Ritual, Lord Himuro was one of the rope pullers, along with four priests. The ritual failed and the Malice began spilling out into the mansion. After that, Lord Himuro went insane. He went on a killing spree, roaming the mansion decapitating anyone he came across with his katana. After everyone else in Himuro Mansion was dead, Lord Himuro came to regret what he had done and committed suicide in the Grand Hall in front of the family altar.
Lord Himuro's Known Victims:
- The four Headless Priests
- Female Head
- Evil Woman (Stationary ghost of a Himuro family maid)
- Blinded Maiden
Other Possible Victims:
- Truth Binder (Stationary ghost)
- Smirking Man (Stationary ghost)
- Girl Turning (Stationary ghost)
- Broken Neck (may've committed suicide due to witnessing Lord Himuro on his killing spree; indirect victim)
Misc. InfoMask of Reflection turned into to reflect Lord Himuro's nature is known as a Hannya (般若) mask, a traditional Japanese Noh mask that represents women who turned into demons through jealousy or anger. The mask contains two sharp bull-like horns, glaring eyes, and a leering mouth split from ear to ear.
- The character from his seal and the Teal Carving, and the character on the door in the Demon Mouth, is marked on the forehead of his mask.
- Lord Himuro has three floating heads around him, no doubt they were among his victims. In battle, he can send these heads flying towards you, which distort your vision if they hit.
- In Red Notebook Scrap 5, Tomoe Hirasaka mentions seeing a large number of severed human heads that were cut off by Lord Himuro in an unspecified room.
- Lord Himuro is only one of two katana wielding ghosts in the entire Fatal Frame series, the other being Tokitada Kyuki.
- Prior to fighting him, Lord Himuro decapitates one of the four priests that assisted in the Strangling Ritual.
- Lord Himuro could be speculated as being a daimyo, a feudal lord, of the Himuro Mountain area.
- For other members of the Himuro family, see Himuro Family.
- For other rituals in Fatal Frame, see Fatal Frame Rituals.
- For other Ceremony Masters in the Fatal Frame Series, see Ceremony Master.
- For other suicides in the Fatal Frame Series, see Suicide.
- For other uses of masks in the Fatal Frame Series, see Mask(disambig).
- For articles related to Lord Himuro, see Related Articles:Lord Himuro.
- For images related to Lord Himuro, see Images of Lord Himuro.