Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
|"I wanted to show her the outside world."|
|Kanji:||霧絵の想い人 (きりえ の おもいびと)|
|Alias:||Kirie no Omoibito|
|Occupation:||Unknown - Guest at Himuro Mansion|
|Cause of Death:||Murdered by the Himuro Family|
|Marital Status:||Presumably single|
|First Appearance:||Fatal Frame|
|Japanese Voice Actor:||N/A|
|Fatal Frame Character|
Cherry Atrium. The two would talk and he would tell her of the outside world. The family members began to grow wary of Kirie's exposure to the world outside of her cell, so they began to restrict his visits to her room (presumably under the watchful eyes of the priests). After being denied access to Kirie by the priests, who had told him she was sick, he decided to sneak her from her room. The priests, fearing the man would interfere with the ritual, reported their relationship to the family master. Lord Himuro ordered that he be murdered and, though the priests felt some remorse in doing so, he was killed and his body thrown into the Abyss.
When he suddenly stopped visiting her Kirie, who had been told the man had returned home, began to ask questions of the priests. Although the priests told her the man had returned to his village, Kirie did not believe them, and not long after she had a dream in which he just looked at her sadly. From this she concluded that the priests had done something to him and lied about his sudden disappearance. Knowing and regretting that she was the reason for his death, as well as her new-found will to live, caused the Strangling Ritual to fail, as her ceremonial ropes were not strong enough to bind the Hell Gate shut. This, in turn, caused the Calamity.
Alternate EndingXbox ending of Fatal Frame, after Mafuyu and Miku escape the mansion, Kirie's Lover reunites with her in the cavern, and the two embrace as the mansion collapses. Sadly, this ending is not considered the true ending for the first Fatal Frame game.
Spirit List Entries
99. Kirie's Love
- Kirie's Lover, although an important part of the failed ritual, has only a small part within the game - his only appearance comes in a single cutscene. Other than this he only appears in a few notes, and as a solitary hidden ghost during Night 3.
- While the correlation chart connects Lord Himuro to Kirie's Love with an arrow that says "murder", according to the ghost list Himuro did not commit the murder himself. Presumably, the chart refers to the indirect nature of the killing.
- Kirie's Lover has never been given any other name officially except "Kirie's Lover", and is otherwise referred to as a "guest". While he does bear a striking resemblance to Mafuyu, there is no proof or information he is in anyway related to the Hinasaki, Munakata, or Kurosawa lines. He remains simply a mysterious stranger Kirie fell in love with.
- Two similar, albeit unrelated, tales involving a shrine maiden and a man with forbidden love are told in Fatal Frame III.
- For other lost loves in the Fatal Frame Series, see Lost Loves.
- For articles related to Kirie's Lover, see Related Articles:Kirie's Lover.
- For images related to Kirie's Lover, see Images of Kirie's Lover.