Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
This help page is how to write out references in the wiki and how to use them.
You need to use the <ref> tags when making a reference to a particular notation. At the bottom of the article, include the heading "Footnotes" and put the <references/> tag underneath. Your citations will automatically appear at the bottom of the page.
"Itsuki and Mutsuki loved each other so much that the ritual ended up in failure".<ref>[[Mio Amakura|Amakura, M.]], (1988). ''"[[Mio's Memo]]: [[Itsuki]]"'', [[Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly]]</ref>
"Itsuki and Mutsuki loved each other so much that the ritual ended up in failure".
When referencing an ingame note
- lastname,firstname.,(Date of article). "Name of article"., Game - chapter (if possible)
NB In cases of news articles (with actual article names) use those names instead of the file name. IE 'Girl, Thought Taken by Ghosts, Found' instead of 'Old News Article 2'. If you do not know the chapter, leave blank.
- Amakura, M., (1988). "Mio's Memo: Itsuki", Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
- Asou, Y., (1988). "The Sleeping Priestess", Fatal Frame III: The Tormented - Hour X
- "Name of Article"., (Date of article)., Game - chapter (if possible.
- "Girl, Thought Taken by Ghosts, Found"., (Unknown year). Fatal Frame - Night I
- "Master and Snake".,(Unknown year). Fatal Frame III: The Tormented - Hour XII
when referencing a tape/phone call/spirit stone
- Speaker(speaker). (date of phonecall). "Name of tape"[Type of Recording]. Author (if different from speaker)., Game - chapter (if possible)
- Ototsuki, K. (Unknown year). "Ototsuki" [Old Tape]. Dr. Asou, K., Fatal Frame III: The Tormented - Hour XII
- Hirasaka, T. (September 11th, 1986). "Research - 2" [Tape]., Fatal Frame - Night I
when referencing a game
- Title of game. Version. Date of version. Name of the company that publishes the game. Date of access.
- Fatal Frame. US / Playstation 2 Version. April 3rd, 2002. Tecmo. July 6th, 2007.
- 零～zero～. Japanese / Playstation 2 Best of the Best reissue Version. November 11th, 2007. Tecmo. September 3rd, 2008.
when referencing guidebooks
- Lastname, firstname. Title of Guidebook. City published: Publisher, year published.
- Title of Guidebook. city published: Publisher, year published.
Examples: - put here
when referencing the fanbook
When referencing the comic anthology
When referencing interviews
Normally interviews aren't referenced as sources, however there are two ways to cite them here.
Online written interview:
- lastname, firstname. (Date of article). "Article name." Name of online magazine/website. Retrieved date, from http://www.puturlhere.com/
Verbal interview: - interview taken from a video/direct source
- Name of speaker, personal communication, date
- put here
When referencing magazines
- Last Name, First Name. "Title of Article." Name of magazine DD Mo. YYYY: Pages.
Examples: - put here
When referencing online news articles etc
- Author lastname, firstname. (Date of article). Article name. Name of Magazine/website. Retrieved date, from http://www.puturlhere.com/
-put example here
When in doubt
When in doubt of using real world citations, use the following link:
Select MLA and select what you're trying to cite, and fill out the form.