Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Goichi Suda (須田剛一, Suda Goichi, born January 2, 1968 in Nagano), is a videogame director and the CEO of Grasshopper Manufacture. His nickname, Suda51, is taken from his given name. "Go" means 5 and "ichi" means 1. He is credited (as "Goichi Suda") as co-producer of Fatal Frame IV and also helped write the storyline.
He previously worked as an undertaker before joining Human Entertainment as a scenario writer on Super Fire Pro Wrestling 3 Final Bout. The sequel, Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special, has earned an infamous reputation due to its shock ending. Suda later worked on games in the Syndrome series up until his departure in 1998, shortly before Human disbanded. Around this time, he created Grasshopper Manufacture and began work on The Silver Case.
Suda is currently working on several titles:
- Project 'S', a series based on the Snatcher series, with Hideo Kojima
- An untitled, multi-platform action horror game with Shinji Mikami
- No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle for the Wii
- Kurayami, so far only a concept, based on a Franz Kafka novel
- A video game within a video game
- Assassins as main characters
- "Film Window" style of editing text
- Frames dedicated to a single character or enemy on their introduction
- Luchadore characters or other lucha libre imagery such as wrestling masks
- Music playing a strong part of the story and scenes, and even influencing character names
- Pop culture and film references directly involving specific characters
- The inclusion of a boss fight in which the player has no control over the outcome
- The prominent inclusion of hotels
- Super Fire Pro Wrestling 3 Final Bout (scenario writer)
- Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special (scenario writer)
- Twilight Syndrome: Search (director, writer)
- Twilight Syndrome: Investigation (director, writer)
- Moonlight Syndrome (director, writer)
- The Silver Case (director, writer)
- Flower, Sun and Rain (director, writer)
- Michigan (original plan, edit)
- killer7 (director, writer)
- The Silver Case 25 Ward (director, writer)
- Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked (writer)
- Contact (producer)
- Blood+: One Night Kiss (writer)
- No More Heroes (director, writer)
- Flower, Sun and Rain: Unending Paradise (director, writer)
- Fatal Frame IV (co-producer)
- His favorite author is Franz Kafka.
- He has been quoted as saying, "One day I want to make a character cuter than Mario."
- He wrote the lyrics for two songs used in his games, "F.S.R -For You-" from Flower, Sun, and Rain and an English language song in No More Heroes entitled "The virgin child makes her wish without feeling anything". This was later released as an 8" CD single by one of the game's characters, Dr. Peace.
- His favorite film is Paris, Texas.
- His favorite video game is Another World, known as Out of this World in North America.
- Suda is a big fan of Hideo Kojima's Snatcher.
- Suda is a major fan of wrestling, precisely lucha libre. He wore a libre mask before the release of killer7 to promote the game.
- Suda once appeared on the Kojima Production's Report and Hidechan Radio.