Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Fatal Frame IV (Fan Translation)
From ZeroWikiFatal Frame Series to the US and Europe, the fan translation patch was announced in mid summer 2009 by a group of fans who wished to subtitle Fatal Frame IV. The idea of the Patch was to make a legitimate patch so that US & European Wii owners would not have to modify their Wiis to play the Japanese game.
Fans will still have to purchase a Japanese copy of the game to run the Patch. It will not work with 'backups'.
Official Site Translation Project: http://www.fatalframe4.net
Progress / Status
Completed and released January 2010.
- Fatal Frame IV Trailer (Subbed)
- Trailer in Spanish - created by Spanish fans at Yoruzero.net - Not related with the Spanish Fan Translation Patch
- Gameplay (Beta Testing) (As shown on Yoruzero.net)
- There are sub projects currently translating the already translated English material into other languages in the BCL forums and elsewhere.
- A fan project to dub the game was announced on November 9th, 2009 in the BCL forums. This DUB Project was disabled and cancelled due to creative differences amongst the dub group.
- An alternative costumes package will be supplied as well. Among these costumes will be a Travis Touchdown costume for Choushiro Kirishima - in tribute to Suda51's contribution to the game, and a Mario costume for Misaki Asou - to match the Luigi costume already obtainable in the original game.
- An update for the English patch (fixes typos/translations, adds the Festival Lens, a playable Madoka ghost costume, and more) can be found here.
- The English patch will be using the ENGLISH version of Tsukiko Amano's song Zero no Chouritsu in the ending its featured.
- The Patch will not be able to fix the Bugs found within the original game release.
- A few words and locations were given alternative names in the English translation in hopes of making them seem more understandable to an English Audience. A full list of terms used in the Patch and the Wiki can be found here.
- Mr. Mongoose
- Webhosting: Tsukasa035
- Extra Programming Support: Logick, Aaron
- Forum Support: Emi and the BCL Forums
- Deibi_Manabu, and more.
- Subtitling: KittyFields