Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
|"It's a lot to ask, but I'd like you to find out about the legends or cases of|
missing people similar to this one."
This article needs proper citation and references added to it.
|Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse|
Zero ～Tsukihami no Kamen～
Project Zero IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
|Developer(s):||Tecmo & Grasshopper Manufacture|
|Release date:||Japan - July 31 2008|
|Game modes:||Easy, Normal, Hard & Nightmare|
|Ratings:||Japan: CERO C|
The fourth game of the Fatal Frame Series, released for the Nintendo Wii console.
"Do the things we can't remember still exist?"
On Rougetsu Island, an island south of Honshu, a festival called the Rougetsu Kagura occurs once every decade. During the Kagura, five girls were spirited away. Although the girls were rescued by a detective, they had lost all of their memories. One of the girls, Ruka Minazuki, retained one faint memory: a single melody...
The melody repeats, gathering speed... until eventually the memory is interrupted.
"What happened on that day...?" Ruka has been thinking since.
Ten years later, of the girls who went missing two have died simultaneously, their faces covered and contorted as though screaming in pain.
Ruka and the two remaining girls, Misaki and Madoka, return to Rougetsu Island to uncover the mystery behind their friends' deaths. Her friends already on the island, Ruka follows to discover what lies within her lost memories...
- Opening description from the game manual
There are currently no plans to release this game to the PS3 or Xbox360 consoles. A Tecmo representative stated that the game would not be released outside of Japan on any other system with any other company.
- Japan - July 31st, 2008
- Game was privately announced at 2007 Tokyo Game Show
- Tecmo publicly announced the game on January 30th, 2008 at their winter press conference.
- Game was released on July 31st, 2008 in Japan for 6800yen.
- Suda51 is involved as director of the game (as is Makoto Shibata). 
- The soundtrack was scored by Masafumi Takada and Etsuko Ichikawa.
- There are four playable characters in the game. Different stages feature different characters (similar to Fatal Frame III).
- Game features Resident Evil 4 style gameplay (3rd person over the shoulder).
- Kikuchi and Shibata have mentioned that this game is the best yet of the series.
- An unofficial translation project by fans, replacing Japanese text and subtitles with English, was completed in January 2010. A Spanish fan translation was completed on August 28th, 2010, and a French fan translation on September 2nd, 2011. An English voice track for players to use instead of the original Japanese track was also in the works. However, the dub project has since disbanded and been canceled due to creative differences.
Main CharactersRuka Minazuki 水無月 流歌 (age: 17)
The main heroine of Fatal Frame IV. Several years ago, Ruka (a previous native of the island) and four other girls were rescued by a detective after being kidnapped as a child. Now, the remaining two girls have left for the island of Rougetsu, where it all started. In search of her lost memories, Ruka too heads out for the island.
Misaki Asou 麻生 海咲 (age: 17)
One of the surviving kidnapped girls, Misaki is a strong-willed girl who has to have her way. Lead by the vision of a girl in black who appears in her memory, Misaki heads towards Rougetsu Island. However, soon after arriving to the island Misaki, lead by her curiosity, abandons the cowardly Madoka.
Madoka Tsukimori 月森 円香 (age: 17)
One of the surviving kidnapped girls, Madoka has a timid personality. Upon Misaki's urging, Madoka follows her to Rougetsu Island. Soon after arriving to the island, Madoka begins to have second thoughts, and suddenly finds herself separated from Misaki. Madoka is the first character you play in the game.
Choushiro Kirishima 霧島 長四郎 (age: unknown)
The detective who rescued Ruka and the other girls from Rougetsu island several years ago while in the pursuit of a suspect. Now just a private eye, he travels back to the island, upon the request of Ruka's mother, to find Ruka and her friends.
- 咲き触れ / Blooming Touch ???
- 音連れ / Musical Accompaniment
- 共鳴 / Resonance
- 忘日 / Forgotten Day
- 空身 / The Empty Body
- 双面 / The Masked Pair
- 月守歌 / Tsukimori Song
- 無苦 / Without Suffering
- 朔夜 / Sakuya
- 帰来迎 / Kiraigou
- 殘桜 / Lingering Cherry Blossoms
- 月蝕 / Lunar Eclipse
- 零域 / Zero Stage
- The theme song is Zero no Chouritsu by Tsukiko Amano.
- The ending song is NOISE also by Tsukiko Amano.
- The game's official image color is yellow.
- The keywords are moon, mask, and memory.
- The theme is 'Feeling fear with your body'.
- There are three main glitches in the game, one of which will freeze gameplay.
- Unlike previous games, this game was developed by the newly created Team TACHYON, instead of the Project Zero team (now disbanded).
- Fatal Frame IV Staff
- This is the first Fatal Frame game for the Wii console.
- The game sold 0.08m units globally.
- ↑ Gantayat, Anoop. (January 30, 2008). Fatal Frame Wii Revealed. IGN.com. Retrieved on 2009-03-01 from http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/848/848539p1.html
- ↑ Creator's Voice. Wii, Nintendo Japan. Retrieved 2009-03-01 from http://wii.com/jp/creators-voice/zero/
- ↑ VG Chartz, retrieved October 21 2012.
|Fatal Frame Series|
|Fatal Frame - Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly - Fatal Frame III: The Tormented |
Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - Fatal Frame: Deep Crimson Butterfly - Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir