Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Fatal Frame III Rituals
List of the rituals mentioned during the course of Fatal Frame III.
- Rite of Spirits - performed to create Engravers for the Piercing of the Soul ceremony.
- Piercing of the Soul - Engravers tattoo the Priestess with the Ink of the Soul, so that she can take away the people's pain at losing loved ones.
- Rite of Commandment - the Mirror of Loss is placed upon the Shrine of Loss and shattered by the Tattooed Priestess, so that it breaks all her attachments to the living world.
- Impalement Ritual - the Priestess is pinned down to keep from waking and wandering.
- The Tearing - if the Priestess was unable to sleep in the Rift peacefully, her skin was stripped and the body sent in a boat to the other side. The skin would then be enshrined in the Tattoo Altar and prayed to.
- Sacrificial Pillars rite - the Master Builder would kill the Shrine Carpenters and have them enshrined within the walls of the shrine as Sacrificial Pillars, to slow the Rift from spreading.
- Final Impalement - the eldest or most responsible Handmaiden impales the others, before presumably killing herself. The case of this mentioned in Fatal Frame III was to halt the spreading of the Rift.