Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
The Abyss is a small outdoor area behind the Moon Shrine, accessed via the Cherry Atrium. Its purpose is unknown. It is situated next to a substantial body of water, and contains a waterwheel. A long wooden jetty leads out over the water to a grave of stacked stones. It is also the place where Kirie's Lover, Tomoe Hirasaka, and a Himuro Family Priest were murdered.
- Kirie's Lover - hidden ghost out in the water.
- Tomoe Hirasaka - hidden ghost in the waterwheel.
- Twins (X-Box version only)
- Tokitada Kyuki (X-Box version only) - boss fight during the final night on Fatal Difficulty.
- Headless Priest - boss fight during the third night after examining the stone monument.
- Kirie's Lover's murder and the dumping of his body.
- Tomoe Hirasaka dies here.
- Fight with Tokitada Kyuki
- Obtain Black Carving here from lighting a lantern.
- Obtain Purple Carving here.
- A Himuro Family Priest was killed here by Lord Himuro.
- Fight with Headless Priest to obtain a character that helps open up the Moon Well.
- You need to take a photo of the waterwheel here to remove the talisman on the door to the Doll Room.
- The term 'Abyss' is used to describe four different locations in the Fatal Frame Universe. There is the Abyss in Himuro Mansion, the Hellish Abyss in Minakami Village, the Abyss (at the bottom of the Last Passage) and Abyss of the Horizon in the Manor of Sleep.