Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Chapter 0: Blooming Touch
Within a secluded archipelago lies Rougetsu Island. Ten years ago, five girls were kidnapped in the midst of the island's Rougetsu Kagura. A single detective began a search and recovered the girls, but they all suffered from an unusual amnesia.
Two years later, another strange incident occurred on Rougetsu Island. The inhabitants of the island vanished.
Eight years have passed. Misaki and Madoka, two of the kidnapped girls, have returned to Rougetsu Island, seeking the truth about the past they have forgotten. The two quickly become separated, and the timid Madoka is left alone. Her search for Misaki leads her to the Kunihiko Asou Museum, where she discovers an old camera with strange properties. As she tries to escape, she finds herself surrounded by ghosts of the former patients of Rougetsu Hall. Terrified, she breaks down and falls to the floor.
- Key - Key to the Kunihiko Asou Museum, found on the desk in the 2F management office.
- Camera Obscura - in a display case in the Museum.
- Dr. Asou's Note 1 - by the desk in the Museum.
- Boss Fight 1 - Yoriko Sonohara
- First fight of the game, and only fight in the chapter.
- After fighting Yoriko, you can take a picture of your first Hōzuki Doll under the desk before leaving the room.
- This is the only time in the game when you will be able to play as Madoka Tsukimori.
- If you are playing a new game through a saved Clear File, Madoka will have some moderately high-powered film to use with the camera. If it is a new game she will only have Type 07.