Please remember to put Fatal Frame Remake items, people, locations, etc in the Category: Deep Crimson Butterfly.
Zero 4D is a 3D attraction based on Zero: Akaichou (Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly). The CGI scenes that came were seen in many advertisements actually came from Zero 4D.
Guests to the attraction are given 3D glasses and sit in specially designed chairs that interact with the movie (similar to Terminator 3D or Honey I Shrunk the Audience). Guests follow Mio and Mayu through All God's Village, on a 7-9 minute journey/summary of the entire game. A reporter who was at the premier of Zero 4D commented that people who had played the game would really enjoy the attraction, and people who hadn't would still know what was going on and wouldn't be left in the dark.
Zero 4D was first shown on July 15th at a special premier party that Tecmo hosted showing both Zero 4D and Real Zero. Keisuke Kikuchi was there, announcing both new additions to the Fatal Frame series. He also spoke about wanting to make the Fatal Frame series one of the most fearful game series in the world. Kikuchi-san also told a eager audience to expect more Zero-related projects in the future. Tecmo had the help of Visual Science Laboratory, Inc. with the creation of the CGI thrill attraction and Yamashita-san and Kitajima-san of VSL also spoke, showing great confidence in the Zero 4D attraction.
As of July 4th, 2006 Zero 4D has closed in the Joypolis themepark in Osaka.
Fans visiting the parks are cautioned that the attraction may no longer be active.
- Tokyo - Toshimaen Park - CLOSED
- Osaka - Joypolis Underword - CLOSED
- Wakayama - Porto Europa - CLOSED
- Tokyo - Palette Town(in Odaiba) in the arcade under the Ferris Wheel - STILL OPEN
- The same company that produced this movie were also responsible for the CGI trailers shown to promote Fatal Frame II.
- Contrary to previous information, not all the scenes shown in the promotional trailers ended up in this movie.
- There is currently no way to buy a copy of the movie attraction.
- Youtube Link to Movie (captured by a KYO of BCL forums): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RcMOqka4fI
In Other Languages:
English - Français